Friday, March 14, 2008

Highs and lows

Well this morning, I had one of the best runs of my life. Went up and did the crater rim track from the kiwi, heading towards the Bellbird. The last time I did this track was about 6 weeks prior to the c2c and it was a disaster. I was having shoe problems and not feeling my best. Well this morning, I was jogging over the hills with not to much struggle, and really enjoying my self. I tried out my new Montrail running shoes, and was really enjoying them. The soles provide really good grip, which was really improving my confidence in sticking to the trail.

I think my rest up period and still taking it easy in training is paying off. Going to keep this level of training up for the next month or so.

Well the rest of the week wasn't so grand was having relationship problems, and bored to death on the bike, though we did have a amazing ride along the summit last Sunday, with no wind, and a fast decent down into Sumner, got up to 80K down Evans, that's probably the fastest I've gone :).

I still have trouble getting out of bed to get a jog in before work, especially as it now DARK when the alarm goes of to get up. brrrr... winter is coming.

No comments: