Friday, April 4, 2008

City 2 Surf and What a lazy Week!

Last weekend did the City 2 Surf. Never done this event before, and it is quite mad really, 20 000 people participate and it's mayhem at the start and mayhem and the finish with not much difference in between. 12K of Flat running, was going to be a bit of a test on my body that hasn't see that much distance on the tarmac in a very long time. Came through without to much problem, wasn't speedy but I felt strong throughout, and I finally got a good rthymn at the 5K to go sign.

Well the rest of the week, wasn't quite so good, Running class on Tuesday, I felt "heavy" and everything just felt hard. Wednesday was going to do short bays after work, but got half ways to hills, and wasn't feeling great, so just turned around and went home. Thursday I decided to take off, Firday I was going to go for a paddle but couldn't get up early enough and couldn't be bothered after work, this morning was going to do the Support race out at Cust, but period pain (I'm assuming that this is why haven't been feeling good all week) like I haven't had in ages when I woke up put a stop to that idea. Good thing this week is supposed to be a reovery one eh!

Well there's only 2 weeks to brunner and I am a little worried, because I just haven't been biking much. Well I might just drop down to a easy bunch... but I am way to competitive for that sort of business. and the chch half is only 8 weeks away, which means I really need to put some time on my feet soon.

Other news, I have joined a Canoe Polo team for over winter, it shall be interesting. Supposed to be good for boat control, and hopefully I get to learn to roll. Lets hope it fun, and I don't have to catch a ball :)

No comments: